These muffins was my 1st attempt making from scratch, because previously when I bake my muffins, I use the pre-mix box.
Not really sure how making from SCRATCH looks like/ feel like; I just follow the book blindly and the result was way better than I thought! Phew! Even dad and sis gave me a PASS thumbs up!!!!! Experiment Succeed =)
Here is the recipe:
2 large eggs ( I used 1 normal egg)
100 gram unsalted butter
120 grams castor sugar (I used only 100 grams)
A pinch of salt
220gram Self raising flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
100 cc Orange Juice ( I used 1 whole orange including the pulps)
100 grams natural yogurt (I use 150 grams)
- Beat egg in a bowl, while beating, pour in the sugar 3 separate time, until mixture is smooth. ( you will feel the batter is stiff)
- Add a pinch of salt and slowly pour in the melted butter and mix well.
- Next mix in the orange juice, and shift half of the flour+ baking powder into the batter and mix well.
- Then add in the yogurt (Put 100 gram first*) and mix well. Then mix in the remaining flour until the batter is mixed evenly.
- Preheat oven in 170°C for 10 mins
- Scoop the batter into baking cups and bake for 20-25 mins.
* If the batter is dry, mix in the remaining yogurt. If the batter is ok, then ignore the remaining yogurt.